Well Child Visit in Pearland, TX
If your child needs a well visit, come to Broadway Family Clinic. We offer physical exams, vaccination, health screening and other well-visit services. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are located at 3129 Kingsley Drive, Suite 340 Pearland, Texas 77584.
Table of Contents:
What is the goal of a well-child exam?
What is done during a well child visit?
How frequently should a child have a well check?
What is the difference between a well visit and a sick visit?
The goal of a well child exam is to monitor a child’s physical, developmental, and emotional health. The exam is carried out by a pediatrician or other healthcare professional. A well child examination is used to make sure that a child is growing and developing normally, to spot any potential health or developmental issues early on, and to give parents or other caregivers advice and support in promoting the health and well-being of their young ones.
The healthcare professional will conduct a physical examination during a well child checkup to assess the child’s development, heart and lung health, and general well-being. In addition, they may inquire about the child’s growth, behavior, and diet. The doctor may also administer vaccinations or conduct screenings for conditions such as hearing or vision issues.
Overall, the purpose of a well child visit is to promote health and development, identify potential concerns, and provide guidance and support to parents or caregivers.
A healthcare professional will carry out several evaluations and screenings to monitor a child’s health and development during a well child visit. Depending on the child’s age and needs, the following procedures may be performed during a well child visit:
– Physical examination – The doctor will take the child’s height, weight, and head circumference measurements as well as examine the child’s heart, lungs, eyes, ears, and general health.
– Developmental evaluation – The healthcare professional will assess the child’s developmental milestones, including language, motor skills, and social skills. They may offer recommendations on how to encourage healthy development.
– Health screenings – Depending on the child’s age and health status, the healthcare provider may perform screenings for conditions such as anemia, high blood pressure, and hearing or vision issues.
– Nutritional evaluation – The doctor may inquire about the child’s diet and nutrition and offer advice on healthy eating habits.
– Behavioral assessment – Assessment of the child’s behavior or emotional health will involve questions from the healthcare professional, who will also offer advice on how to encourage good behavior and address any issues.
– Vaccinations – The doctor will check the child’s vaccination record and administer any immunizations required to safeguard against infectious diseases.
Consistent well child exams are important for maintaining a child’s health and wellness. These visits help prevent or address health issues before they become more serious. The frequency of well child exams will vary depending on the child’s age and health status.
Well child visits are recommended at regular intervals throughout childhood, from infancy through to adolescence. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the following schedule for routine well child visits:
– Within the first week after birth
– 1 month old
– 2 months old
– 4 months old
– 6 months old
– 9 months old
– 12 months old
– 15 months old
– 18 months old
– 2 years old
– 2 1/2 years old
– Annually from ages 3 through 21
Due to chronic health conditions, developmental delays, or other concerns, some children may require more regular visits. The recommended frequency of well-child visits should be discussed with the doctor.
A well visit and a sick visit are two types of medical appointments which serve different purposes.
A well visit, also called a regular check-up, is scheduled to assess general health and well-being. The healthcare professional will conduct a physical examination, monitor vital signs, and suggest preventive measures during a well visit. Additionally, they may recommend vaccinations or check for certain conditions. A well visit’s objectives include promoting healthy lifestyle choices, monitoring growth and development, and preventing illness.
In contrast, a sick visit is an appointment to discuss a particular illness or medical issue. The healthcare professional will assess the patient’s symptoms, conduct a physical examination, and will often order diagnostic tests or issue a prescription. In summary, the main difference between a well visit and a sick visit is the purpose of the appointment.
If your child needs to go to urgent care for well-child visit, come to Broadway Family Clinic. We serve patients from Pearland TX, Shadow Creek Ranch TX, Southern Trail TX, Pomona TX, Southlake TX, Sienna Plantation TX, Fresno TX, Manvel TX, and Rosharon TX.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY NEED